English as a second language (ESL).
Our English as a Second Language (ESL) courses are designed and taught by some of the most experienced instructors in Vancouver. Whether you are a domestic student who is new to Canada or an international student wishing to improve your English, increase your employment opportunities or achieve your academic goals, Our ESL program with its flexible start and stop dates and three easy to navigate levels is of the highest quality at metro Vancouver’s most affordable price.
- Total of 3 levels: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced.
- No proof of English language proficiency required to enter ESL program.
- Level assessment every 4 weeks.
- Ongoing assessment allows quick level adjustments to ensure students academic needs are met.
- Exam preparation courses available (IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL)
English for Academic Purposes Program (EAPP).
This program is designed for students whose English language abilities fall below the level required for direct entry into University Transfer Program (iUPP) and for individuals who wish to increase their IELTS score and linguistic abilities for personal or professional reasons. The duration of the program is usually 12 weeks but this may vary according to each students’ individual needs and progression.
EAPP Admission requirements:
- Minimum 17 years of age or older
- Canadian high school diploma or equivalent
- EAP 1 – 4.0 IELTS or equivalent score in other recognized language test or a satisfactory score C+ in the EGC placement test.
- EAP 2 – 5.0 IELTS or equivalent score in other recognized language test or a satisfactory score B in the EGC placement test.
- EAP 3 – 6.0 IELTS or equivalent score in other recognized language test or a satisfactory score B+ in the EGC placement test
– Total of 2 levels: EAP1 & EAP2
– ELTS min overall 4.0, Duolingo min 55, TOEFL IBT less than 31. No English test required if transitioned from ESL program
– Level assessment every 8 weeks
– Ongoing assessment a allows quick level adjustments to ensure students academic needs are met